Wednesday, March 01, 2006



Gold Medal in Knitting!!!

I just obtained my gold medal from the Yarn Harlot website. Thanks Stephanie Pearl-McPhee for coming up with a great idea that generated more interest than anyone could have expected. Go to http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/ to learn more about it.

It was a great challenge for me and it is good to know that I can knit a sweater in two weeks if I need to (in bulky yarn on #9 needles at least)!

Now for new challenges. This weekend I plan to work on some things I have been putting off. The Knitting Olympics was really an exercise in procrastination. I need to do my taxes (blech!), work on getting my website up and running, make some jewelry, spindle spin for my shawl and knit on the shawl, and work on some funky, designer yarn. I will have to make myself work in that order, or I will be tempted to do the reverse order, thus ending Sunday evening with more yarn spun and that's it. I need a shot of discipline.

1 comment:

Nora said...

Hi, I just found your blog when I was goggling Spindrifter spindle as I noticed it was discountinued and selling for $65. I love mine and want another. I adored seeing your spindle collection, especially the Bosworth which I just bought last weekend. I only have 7 but love your collection, especially the storage display!!!!