Monday, December 18, 2006

I Won a Moosie!

I can't believe it! I was one of the 3 winners of the Funky Hat Contest at Spindlicity.com! If you have never checked out this online spinning magazine, it is worth a look. I won in the category of "Most over the top". The prize is a Moosie spindle from Jonathan Bosworth at Journeywheel.com. The Moosie is my most favorite spindle. It is made from moose antler (no moose is harmed in the acquisition of antlers), and it spins forever!

I really enjoyed the task of creating a "funky" hat from scratch. This is the first item I have completely designed. I usually use an existing pattern, or alter a pattern, but this time I created the design myself. (See a picture of the hat from the post on November 10.) It was fun to spin, fun to design, and fun to knit.

I am off to Germany and England on Thursday for the holidays. I will post again when I return in January.

Peace and Bliss to everyone this holiday season.

No comments: