Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sock and Roll!



I am trying to catch up with my posts of FOs (finished objects) therefore, I am posting three pairs of the several pairs of socks that I have completed this year. I am a member of the Socks that Rock sock club. They have sent some wonderful yarn and I have completed two pairs so far. I also knit with a great summer yarn, called Tofutsies. It has wool, soy, and Chitin, a fiber made from crab shell.


Above is Socks that Rock 'Monsoon' knit in a baby cable rib. I like the deep purples and dark, almost khaki, greens. The yarn is soft and the socks are very comfortable.

Below is Socks that Rock 'Walk on the Wild Tide' knit in Elongated Corded Rib. Very different purples and greens from the above sock, but equally as gorgeous. I didn't have time to block these socks, so you can see the difference sock blockers make! Both of the patterns I used came from Sensational Knitted Socks, by Charlene Schurch. It is a great book since you can knit a gauge swatch and then knit any pattern to size. I knit both of these on size 0 double pointed needles.





















Below is the Tofutsie socks knit using a lace pattern from the Socks, Socks, Socks pattern book. It is a variation on the traditional Feather and Fan lace pattern. These are much lighter weight than the other two pairs of socks. It suits a lace pattern. Again, I knit on size 0 double pointed needles. I tend to knit loose therefore need to use smaller needles than is usually called for in a pattern.



In future posts, I will discuss some of my other projects included entrelac, a hemp yarn sweater and the latest craze, the Kauni. It is so interesting to see the influence a superb writer/blogger/knitter can have on the knitting community. Check out the Yarn Harlot, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, if somehow you have had your head in a bog and missed seeing her books or blog.


This week I leave for San Diego for a two week visit with my Mom, my sister and my best friend. Ah, the sound of palm trees blowing in the breeze, and the scents of the ocean, eucalyptus and sagebrush.

4 comments:

Alpaca Granny said...

Anne, these socks are beautiful. I so admire you sock knitters. I have done 3 - socks, that is. Can't get around to doing the second ones.

cici said...

I think I finally figured out how to leave a comment.It took me awhile. The Harlet and Brenda are my favorites too. Have a great trip, sounds like fun. Your socks are beaYoutiful!!!. I have finally completed my second sock...On to the next. Thanks for you help.

cici said...

What a awesome job you have done... They look great. I hope I can get better with time.. Not giving up!.have a great trip. ttyl...

Unknown said...

awesome socks...i love socks!!!