Thursday, February 08, 2007


Fiber Bliss

I am in fiber heaven. Currently, I am involved in several fiber exchanges and having such fun. I received my first skein of yarn a couple of weeks ago, for the Spin to Knit exchange organized by Interweave. I love the color - green with bits of red, yellow and orange blended in. It was very nicely spun and is a soft merino. My swapee also sent some chocolate - yum! - and a cute notepad. Thanks very much to my fiber swap pal from Valley Center, CA (near where I lived years ago).


I also received the Moosie spindle that I had won on Spindlicity. Janel was also kind enough to send four ounces of the softest BFL (Blue-faced Leicester) I have ever felt! The Moosie is, of course, a dream to spin with. Each one is so unique and I know they must have mystical properties. It carries the energy of the moose, the Bosworths and the spinner. I feel so content when I spin with it.

Today, I received my batt from the Flawful Batt Exchange organized by Julie from Flawful Fibers and Yarns. I received a wonderful batt from Kathy of natural, brown Romney with Sari silk strands blended in. She also included some natural green cotton. I am already spinning it up by letting bits of the cotton slip into the wool as slubs while I spin. It is becoming a wonderful, lumpy, colorful yarn. I have never used cotton and wool together in this way and I am enjoying trying a new technique. Julie also was nice enough to include a bar of chocolate and an essential oil blend. Thank you Julie and Kathy!

No comments: