Monday, February 26, 2007

More goodies!

I received my second skein of handspun yarn in the Interweave Spin to Knit swap. Cayli sent me a gorgeous skein of merino, some tea and some chocolate (the chocolate is not pictured for obvious reasons :) Her choice of colors and her spinning technique are perfect. It is much appreciated. Now I have to do this skein and the previous skein justice by knitting them into some projects. I think I have just the right shade of blue to go with the latest skein to make a hat.














I have also been spinning up my fiber from the Flawful Batt exchange. I love how it has turned out! It is a blend of romney wool, sari silk fibers and naturally colored cotton slipped in a slubs while spinning.















I have enjoyed playing around with different ways to photograph my handspun yarn. Below are a skein of the Flawful Batt fiber, a skein of orange merino, and a skein of Blue-faced Leicester dyed with Kool-aid. I think I will call them "yarn parfaits"!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your 'yarn parfaits' - what a wonderful idea - your yarn is GORGEOUS!
Cheers from Down Under :-)

Anonymous said...

I need to work more on my spinning. My poor Yak fiber languishes 1/2 spun on my wheel while I merrily go on over extending myself to do things for other ;P. That should have been my new years resolution, to add time for myself. Working on some machine embroidery logo designs as prizes for my son's Whippet show coming up in May. sigh

Anonymous said...

Your yarns are gorgeous!!
Holly

Soulful Hues said...

ooo, i really like the yarn parfaits!