Sunday, October 03, 2010

Montpelier Sheep and Wool Festival

Yesterday I went to the Montpelier Sheep and Wool Festival in Virginia with my friends, Kim, Susan, Joyce, Connie, and Arnetta.

Here is a photo of the sheep herding.





It was an absolutely gorgeous day - cool in the morning, the sun shining and a cool breeze.

I am glad to say that I stuck to my budget and only bought a little fiber and some indigo dye. I have some plans to do some dyeing and will detail it in this blog in the near future.

Here are the fiber pics: 9.7 ounces of orange and red merino/bamboo/nylon fiber from the Hot Flash Fiber Company; 4 ounces of blue/yellow BFL from Pocket Meadow Farm; and 4 ounces of merino/silk plus 30 yards of matching dyed silk ribbon from River's Edge Fiber Arts. Enjoy the colors.






No comments: